LILG-2019: Travelling and Accomodation
Coming to Frankfurt
- By plane: Frankfurt international (FRA) is one of the biggest in Europe and can be reached from many airports in the world, both regular fare and low-cost. Alternatively, flying to one of the airports of big cities (e.g. Cologne or Stuttgart can be followed by a train ride). Pay attention that Franfurt-Hahn (HHN) is an airport that is quite far away from the city of Frankfurt.
- By train: Multiple lines, including international lines from Paris, Vienna, or Amsterdam, reach Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof. Please see the Bahn website.
- By bus: Close to the main station Frankfurt, the bus-terminal receives busses from Flixbus, Eurolines and others.
- By car: Multiple highways reach Frankfurt. Note that parking needs to be carefully planned as most areas have reserved parking times (e.g. for residents).
- Using the publication transportation (Bus, U-Bahn, S-Bahn): See the wikipedia overview or RMV website.
- Renting a bike for a short trip. Many bikes are available close to us. E.g. from call-a-bike, visa nextbike, or Lime bike.
- Sidewalks are generally safe for walking.
Frankfurt has a very rich choice of hotels and multiple portals allow you to book with them (e.g. HRS or Hotel.de). Because of this diversity, we have not reserved a block of rooms. Find hotel suggestions below with approximate lowest prices. Note that pricing varies heavily dependent on the presence of a fair in town:
Hotels at a walking distance from the conference:
- Hotel Turm
Eschersheimer Landstraße 20, 1.7km / 20min by foot
email@example.com Tel: +4969 154050, price starting at 60 € plus breakfast
- Hotel Mondial Comfort
Heinestr. 13, 1.3km / 15min by foot Tel: +4969 590422 firstname.lastname@example.org 100 € excl. breakfast
- Hotel Aria
Eckenheimer Landstr. 28, 2.1 km / 25min by foot email@example.com 70 € excl. breakfast
- Motel Frankfurt - advena Partner Hotel,
Eschersheimer Landstraße 204, 1.3 km / 17min by foot Tel: +4969 5600060 firstname.lastname@example.org 70 € excl. breakfast
- Hotel Liebig
Liebigstraße 45, 1.2 km / 15 min by foot email@example.com +4969 241 829 90 135 € excl. breakfast
Cronstettenstraße 57 - 61, 800 m / 11 min by foot firstname.lastname@example.org +4969 271 343 252 75€ excl Breakfast.
Further hotels (via public transportation):
- Hotel Villa Diana
Westendstraße 83 Tel: +4969 9074420, 70 € excl. breakfast, email@example.com
- Hotel Beethoven
Beethovenstrasse 46, 60325 Frankfurt Tel: +4969 7434970 110 € incl. breakfast.
- Hotel Astoria
Rheinstraße 25 D, Westend, 60325 Frankfurt Tel: +4969 975600 90 € incl. breakfast
Hotels close to central station:
- InterCity Hotel Frankfurt
Poststraße 8, 60329 Frankfurt Tel: +4969 27391 0 110 € incl. breakfast
- Frankfurter Savoy Hotel
Wiesenhüttenstraße 42, 60329 Frankfurt Tel: +4969 273960 100 € excl. breakfast
- Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City
Münchener Straße 59, 60329 Frankfurt Tel: +4969 242320 90 € incl. breakfast
- Comfort Hotel Frankfurt
Moselstraße 43, 60329 Frankfurt Tel: +4969 272800 90 €
- Jugendherberge Frankfurt am Main:
Deutschherrnufer 12 60594 Frankfurt Tel. +4969 6100150 27 € incl. breakfast (Membership of the YHI required)
- AO Hostel Frankfurt
Mainzer Landstraße 226 60327 Frankfurt Tel. +4969 2691503400 14 € excl. breakfast
As indicated below, the registration to the conference is free thanks to the Erasmus+ funding.
Please see also the travel sponsorship (until March 31st).